In this new class, Pastor Joe helps us craft a theology of racial reconciliation that is soundly rooted in ancient history and the teachings of Scripture. Items to be addressed include:
- The biblical doctrine of justification by faith and its implications for ethnic relations in the Christian church
- A history of Jew-Gentile conflicts in the ancient world
- Jesus’ deconstruction of religious nationalism in the four Gospels
- Ethnic relations and group identity under the New Covenant
- Pagan versus Christian views of ethnic distinctions in antiquity
This class will meet for four weeks on Zoom from 11:00am-12:15pm.